- #120 Best Public Elementary Schools in KansasLincoln Memorial Elementary SchoolCaney Valley Unified School District, KS•PK, K-6gradeA minusOverall Niche GradeStudents 425Student-teacher ratio 15:1#120 Best Public Elementary Schools in Kansas.Lincoln Memorial Elementary SchoolCaney Valley Unified School District, KS,PK, K-6,Overall Niche Grade: A minus,Students: 425,Student-Teacher Ratio: 15 to 1,
- #80 Best Public High Schools in KansasIndependence Senior High SchoolIndependence Unified School District, KS•9-12•Rating 3.48 out of 5 77 reviewsAlum: Independence Senior High school was the singlehandedly most amazing high school experience I've known of compared to my friends from out of town. Our diversity and inclusivity is great, respect towards teachers and staff is fantastic, and the overall education system and school setup in general is outstanding. I may not have done great in high school, bu that had nothing to do with the quality of this incredible school district. My teachers and counselors did everything that they could to help me and I should've taken advantage of that when I had the chance to. I thank everyone who works for or who has ever worked for Independence Senior High and pray that current and future students don't take opportunities like this for granted.... Read 77 reviewsgradeBOverall Niche GradeStudents 604Student-teacher ratio 13:1#80 Best Public High Schools in Kansas.Independence Senior High SchoolIndependence Unified School District, KS,9-12,77 Niche users give it an average review of 3.5 stars.Featured Review: Alum says Independence Senior High school was the singlehandedly most amazing high school experience I've known of compared to my friends from out of town. Our diversity and inclusivity is great, respect....Read 77 reviews.Overall Niche Grade: B,Students: 604,Student-Teacher Ratio: 13 to 1,
- #111 Best Public Middle Schools in KansasIndependence Middle SchoolIndependence Unified School District, KS•6-8•Rating 4 out of 5 1 reviewMiddle School Student: I would suggest it IMS to students simply looking for a small environment, everyone knows everyone. The teachers are all fairly nice and do their best to help every student learn.... Read 1 reviewgradeBOverall Niche GradeStudents 445Student-teacher ratio 12:1#111 Best Public Middle Schools in Kansas.Independence Middle SchoolIndependence Unified School District, KS,6-8,1 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars.Featured Review: Middle School Student says I would suggest it IMS to students simply looking for a small environment, everyone knows everyone. The teachers are all fairly nice and do their best to help every student learn..Read 1 reviews.Overall Niche Grade: B,Students: 445,Student-Teacher Ratio: 12 to 1,
- SponsoredChristian SchoolSeattle Christian SchoolPrivate School•SEATAC, WA•K-12•Rating 4.41 out of 5 85(Video) 7th grade first year ever running trackSponsoredPrivate SchoolYellow Wood AcademyPrivate School•MERCER ISLAND, WA•4-12•Rating 4.67 out of 5 3SponsoredPrivate SchoolEpiphany SchoolPrivate School•SEATTLE, WA•PK, K-5•Rating 4.92 out of 5 26
- Jefferson SchoolIndependence Unified School District, KS•PK, K-5gradeB minusOverall Niche GradeStudents 394Student-teacher ratio 13:1Jefferson SchoolIndependence Unified School District, KS,PK, K-5,Overall Niche Grade: B minus,Students: 394,Student-Teacher Ratio: 13 to 1,
- Caney Valley High SchoolCaney Valley Unified School District, KS•7-12•Rating 3.79 out of 5 42 reviewsAlum: My experience at Caney Valley High was a short two years. I moved to Caney from a rival school my junior year of high school and graduated from Caney my senior year. Caney Valley treated me as one of their own. The staff at Caney Valley High are a different breed of people, they love each and every one of their students. I decided to further my education at Coffeyville Community College and Caney teaching staff has successfully prepared me for the challenging, yet rewarding experience that college brings. Not only do they have excellent teachers, Caney also has many diverse excellent extracurricular activities and phenomenal coaches. My only complaint is the school lunches as they were sub-par to say the least. Overall, my time at Caney Valley, although short, was a great experience and it makes me wish I had gone to school there since kindergarten.... Read 42 reviewsgradeB minusOverall Niche GradeStudents 322Student-teacher ratio 11:1Caney Valley High SchoolCaney Valley Unified School District, KS,7-12,42 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars.Featured Review: Alum says My experience at Caney Valley High was a short two years. I moved to Caney from a rival school my junior year of high school and graduated from Caney my senior year. Caney Valley treated me as one....Read 42 reviews.Overall Niche Grade: B minus,Students: 322,Student-Teacher Ratio: 11 to 1,
- Field Kindley High SchoolCoffeyville Unified School District, KS•9-12•Rating 3.55 out of 5 33 reviewsAlum: My experience at Field Kindley High School was one I will never forget. The encouragement from my teachers and other staff members was always so helpful and they would always make sure their students were succeeding with their short term goals so they can graduate and achieve more goals when they arrived at the college of their dreams. I was not only involved with sports (tennis and track) I was also involved in choir; which I would learn songs and take them to state to sing for singing judges. This school broke me out of my shy bubble and I recommend it to anyone considering going!... Read 33 reviewsgradeB minusOverall Niche GradeStudents 525Student-teacher ratio 18:1Field Kindley High SchoolCoffeyville Unified School District, KS,9-12,33 Niche users give it an average review of 3.5 stars.Featured Review: Alum says My experience at Field Kindley High School was one I will never forget. The encouragement from my teachers and other staff members was always so helpful and they would always make sure their students....Read 33 reviews.Overall Niche Grade: B minus,Students: 525,Student-Teacher Ratio: 18 to 1,(Video) Mom Installs Camera, Sees Why She’s Always Tired
- Community Elementary SchoolCoffeyville Unified School District, KS•PK, K-6gradeC minusOverall Niche GradeStudents 1,005Student-teacher ratio 18:1Community Elementary SchoolCoffeyville Unified School District, KS,PK, K-6,Overall Niche Grade: C minus,Students: 1,005,Student-Teacher Ratio: 18 to 1,
- Roosevelt Middle SchoolCoffeyville Unified School District, KS•7-8gradeC minusOverall Niche GradeStudents 264Student-teacher ratio 17:1Roosevelt Middle SchoolCoffeyville Unified School District, KS,7-8,Overall Niche Grade: C minus,Students: 264,Student-Teacher Ratio: 17 to 1,
- Tyro Community Christian SchoolTyro, KS•Private School•PK, K-12•Rating 4.33 out of 5 6 reviewsAlum: I went here preschool all the way through my senior year. It prepared me well for ministry, it sets a good base for your faith. My biggest criticism of the academic side of things would be poor teaching in science most of high school, and an English teacher who spends more time telling you how hard her class is and yelling at the class for not doing things perfectly than teaching useful skills. The athletics are mediocre now, they only have basketball for the guys and volleyball and basketball for the girls. They also have elementary soccer, but the coaches for the most part are unqualified parents who favor their kids so much they don’t even pretend to try and be fair.... Read 6 reviewsgradeB+Overall Niche GradeStudents 100Student-teacher ratio 11:1Tyro Community Christian SchoolPrivate School,TYRO, KS,PK, K-12,6 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars.Featured Review: Alum says I went here preschool all the way through my senior year. It prepared me well for ministry, it sets a good base for your faith. My biggest criticism of the academic side of things would be poor....Read 6 reviews.Overall Niche Grade: B+,Students: 100,Student-Teacher Ratio: 11 to 1,(Video) Shocking CCTV Hidden Security Camera Video Footage Captures The Unimaginable And It Ends In Tragedy!
- 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools
- 2023 Best Public Middle Schools
- 2023 High Schools with the Best Teachers
- Eisenhower Elementary SchoolIndependence Unified School District, KS•K-2•Rating 5 out of 5 1 reviewAlum: Personally, my experience here was fantastic! The teachers give interactive lessons and make sure to incorporate every student. The community pitches in every year and brings a career fair to the student to help them learn about their community and their world. I am proud to be an alumni of this school.... Read 1 reviewgradeB+Overall Niche GradeStudents 396Student-teacher ratio 13:1Eisenhower Elementary SchoolIndependence Unified School District, KS,K-2,1 Niche users give it an average review of 5 stars.Featured Review: Alum says Personally, my experience here was fantastic! The teachers give interactive lessons and make sure to incorporate every student. The community pitches in every year and brings a career fair to the....Read 1 reviews.Overall Niche Grade: B+,Students: 396,Student-Teacher Ratio: 13 to 1,
- Independence Bible SchoolIndependence, KS•Private School•PK, K-12•Rating 5 out of 5 1 reviewAlum: I enjoyed the small school atmosphere. Faculty was very invested in the students, and would do everything they could to help them succeed.... Read 1 reviewgradeBOverall Niche GradeStudents 76Student-teacher ratio 7:1Independence Bible SchoolPrivate School,INDEPENDENCE, KS,PK, K-12,1 Niche users give it an average review of 5 stars.Featured Review: Alum says I enjoyed the small school atmosphere. Faculty was very invested in the students, and would do everything they could to help them succeed..Read 1 reviews.Overall Niche Grade: B,Students: 76,Student-Teacher Ratio: 7 to 1,
- St. Andrew Elementary SchoolIndependence, KS•Private School•PK, K-8gradeunavailableOverall Niche GradeStudents 137Student-teacher ratio 13:1St. Andrew Elementary SchoolPrivate School,INDEPENDENCE, KS,PK, K-8,Students: 137,Student-Teacher Ratio: 13 to 1,(Video) Madison, Indiana schools placed on lockout after all clear given following 'active threat'
- Zion Lutheran SchoolIndependence, KS•Private School•PK, K-8gradeunavailableOverall Niche GradeStudents 85Student-teacher ratio 14:1Zion Lutheran SchoolPrivate School,INDEPENDENCE, KS,PK, K-8,Students: 85,Student-Teacher Ratio: 14 to 1,
- Holy Name Catholic SchoolCoffeyville, KS•Private School•K-6gradeunavailableOverall Niche GradeStudents 67Student-teacher ratio 9:1Holy Name Catholic SchoolPrivate School,COFFEYVILLE, KS,K-6,Students: 67,Student-Teacher Ratio: 9 to 1,
- SponsoredChristian SchoolNorthshore Christian AcademyPrivate School•EVERETT, WA•PK, K-8•Rating 4.36 out of 5 14SponsoredAll-Girls SchoolLake Washington Girls Middle SchoolPrivate School•SEATTLE, WA•6-8•Rating 4.4 out of 5 5(Video) Worst RV Campground Ever // (And How we Saved our Weekend!)SponsoredChristian SchoolCascade Christian McAlder CampusPrivate School•PUYALLUP, WA•PK, K-6
The best school district in Kansas is Unified School District 232, which comprises 12 schools serving over 7,400 students hailing from several communities in Johnston County.What is the largest school district in Kansas? ›
As the largest school district by student enrollment in Kansas, WPS educates more than 47,000 students in more than 90 schools and programs.How many school districts are in the state of Kansas? ›
In 2022 Kansas had 497,753 students enrolled in a total of 1,305 schools in 287 school districts.How many schools are in the Kansas City Kansas school district? ›
Kansas City, KS Public Schools (KCKPS)
The school district consists of (49) schools including (3) preschools.
The largest private school in Kansas is Bishop Carroll Catholic High School with 1,153 students. Heritage Christian Academy Photo - HCA has two campuses.What is Kansas ranked in education? ›
|Crime & Corrections||#28|
Beverly Roemer is principal of what will most likely be the tiniest high school in Kansas — Healy High School has 23 students. The designation won't officially come until later this month when the state collects enrollment figures from the state's 286 school districts.What are the oldest schools in Kansas? ›
Baker University, chartered on February 12, 1858, has been operating continuously since that time and is now recognized as the oldest continuously operating college in Kansas. All of the colleges founded in 1858 were private institutions.What is the best school system in the US? ›
1. Massachusetts. Massachusetts has the best public school system in the U.S. 48.8% of Massachusetts's eligible schools ranked in the top 25% of high school rankings, a total of 167 schools. Massachusetts has the highest math and reading test scores in the U.S. and the second-highest median ACT score of 25.1.How many K-12 students are in Kansas? ›
As Chart 1 and Table 1 show, student enrollment in Kansas is expected to continue the trend of gradual increase from approximately 526,000 students in 2014-15 to approximately 562,000 students in 2019- 20.
List of Colleges by Enrollment. Below is a ranking of the 62 colleges in Kansas with the largest enrollment of full and part time students. University of Kansas tops the list with a population of 26,780 students.How many school days in a year in Kansas? ›
Kansas schools are regulated for 186 days of the year for 1st-11th grade, and 181 for 12th grade.Who has the biggest high school in Kansas? ›
The public school in Kansas has approximately average 363 students (2023). The public schools with the largest student enrollments are listed below (where sufficient data available). The largest public school in Kansas (by enrollment) is Andover Ecademy with 3,682 students.How big is a 1A school in Kansas? ›
Class 1A includes 117 schools ranging in enrollment from 10 to 109.Is Kansas State a small school? ›
Kansas State is a highly rated public university located in Manhattan, Kansas. It is a large institution with an enrollment of 13,936 undergraduate students.What is the most expensive school in Kansas? ›
MidAmerica Nazarene University has the highest tuition & fees of $34,832 and Newman University has the second most expensive tuition & fees of $34,400. The average undergraduate tuition & fees of the schools is $27,878 and graduate tuition & fees is $16,099 for the academic year 2022-2023.What is the best private high school? ›
- Trinity School.
- Roxbury Latin School.
- Brearley School.
- Horace Mann School.
- Winsor School.
- College Preparatory School.
- Collegiate School.
- Spence School.
- Florida ranks number one for higher education for the 7th year in a row.
- Florida boasts the lowest higher education in-state tuition and fees among all states.
According to WalletHub, Kansas ranked 29th in the nation. It said Kansas schools ranked 28th for quality and 41st for safety, accounting for an overall score of 47.47. It said Missouri ranked 35th in the nation with a quality rank of 29, a safety rank of 50 and an overall score of 45.88.What nation is #1 in education? ›
The United States had more than 98,000 public schools operating in 2020-21, and California had more than any other state.What was the first high school in Kansas? ›
In 1866 Leavenworth established the first public high school in the state. Classes for all grades (1-12) were held in one school building until 1875 when a separate high school was constructed.Where is the shortest school year? ›
Besides the states that do not have a required minimum number of school days each year, Colorado has the fewest required school days in the United States, at 160. States with no minimum school day requirements are Arkansas, Idaho, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.What was the first black school in Kansas? ›
Western University (Kansas) (1865–1943) was a historically black college (HBCU) established in 1865 (after the Civil War) as the Quindaro Freedman's School at Quindaro, Kansas, United States. The earliest school for African Americans west of the Mississippi River, it was the only one to operate in the state of Kansas.What is the oldest building in Kansas? ›
The "Rookery" is the oldest surviving building on the fort (circa 1834), and the oldest continuously occupied residence in the state of Kansas. It is said to have gotten its name from when it housed the single military men in the early 1800's.What is the first college in Kansas? ›
Kansas was admitted as the 34th state to the United States on January 29, 1861. By 1863, the Legislature had created the first public university, Kansas State Normal School in Emporia, followed in the same year by The University in Lawrence and the Agricultural College in Manhattan.What is the hardest high school to get into? ›
1. International Academy*, Bloomfield Hills, Mich. 2. Stanton College Prep*, Jacksonville, Fla.What state ranks lowest in education? ›
West Virginia is the least educated U.S. state, with an overall score of 23.15. West Virginia ranks last for Educational Attainment with the lowest shares of people with associate's degrees or some college experience and those with bachelor's degrees, at 20.6%.What state is ranked 50 in education? ›
|State||Academic Performance Rank||Overall Rank|
The expression "K–12" is a shortening of kindergarten (K) for 5–6 year olds through twelfth grade (12) for 17–18 year-olds, as the first and last grades, respectively, of free education in these countries.
Teacher Numbers by Grade Levels
There are 11,355 total public and private schools in the U.S. that cover all grades K-12 (that's just under 10% of schools). These schools that combine grades K-12 employ 291,724 teachers.
National reach: Out-of-state students comprise 39.3 percent of overall enrollment, which is tied for the all-time high set in 2019.Is Kansas a good school academically? ›
University of Kansas Rankings
University of Kansas is ranked #121 out of 443 National Universities. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
- In California, a total of 6.86 million students are enrolled in K-12 schools. ...
- Although the state has the highest private school attendance (accounting for 643,010 or 9.4% of students), 6.22 million students are enrolled in public schools.
Kansas statutes provide that a student is "truant" if they are absent without excuse, for a "significant portion" of the school day, for three consecutive days, or five days in a semester, or seven days in a school year.How many hours do you spend in school K 12? ›
|State||Minimum amount of instructional times per school year (by grade, if applicable)|
|In days||In hours|
|California||180||Kindergarten=600; grades 1-3=840; grades 4-8=900; grades 9-12=1,080|
|Colorado||160||Half-day kindergarten=435; full-day kindergarten=870; grades 1-5=968; grades 6-12=1,056|
The state with the most required school days is Kansas for grades 1–11, and the states with the next most required school days are Illinois and North Carolina. On the other hand, the states with the fewest required school days are Colorado and Kentucky.Who is the best high school football team in Kansas? ›
- Manhattan (11-0, LW: 1)
- Derby (9-2, LW: 2)
- Gardner-Edgerton (8-3, LW: 4)
- Olathe Northwest (8-3, LW: 6)
- Maize (11-0, LW: 1)
- Mill Valley (10-1, LW: 2)
- Hays (10-1, LW: 3)
- Blue Valley Southwest (6-5, LW: 7)
Penn Foster High School is the largest high school in the US with over 60,000 high school students.Where is the biggest high school in the world? ›
This is difficult to determine, since many schools do not share the exact area of their campus. However, based on the information that is available, the largest school in the world by area is the City Montessori School in the city of Lucknow, India.
Chet Kuplen - Founder/CEO - Sports in Kansas | LinkedIn.Are there 6A schools in Kansas? ›
Of the 32 Class 6A schools, 13 are located in Johnson County, the state's most populous county with approximately 17 percent of Kansas's population.How big is the average American school? ›
The national average for the number of students per public school is approximately 526 students. Public schools see an average class size of 24 students. Most public schools have a student-to-teacher ratio of 16 to 1.What is Kansas known for? ›
What is Kansas Known For? Kansas is known for its vast prairies, rolling hills, and natural beauty. The state has one of the most miles of river than any other state in the Great Plains and is home to the world's largest contiguous tallgrass prairie.Is Kansas a dry campus? ›
The short answer? It's considered a public place. The longer answer? A 1987 bill in the Kansas legislature generally banned alcohol consumption in public places and made the University of Kansas a dry campus.How long is a school day in Kansas? ›
Per his calculations using data from districts around the state, Kansas public schools are only in session for an average of 407 hours, or nearly 7 hours, per day, not counting a 30-minute lunch period. More:Should taxpayer money help pay for some Kansas families' private school tuition?What are the highest ranked school districts in in? ›
West Lafayette Community School Corporation
#1 Best School Districts in Indiana.
- Blue Valley Unified School District.
- Blue Springs R-IV School District.
- Lee's Summit R-VII School District.
- DeSoto Unified School District.
- Olathe Public Schools.
- Park Hill School District.
- North Kansas City School District.
- Liberty School District.
#1 Counties with the Best Public Schools in California.
Massachusetts has the highest rank for public schools across the country. The quality of education is exceptional, and safety is also high. It ranked highest in math and reading test scores out of all states.
Scarsdale Union Free School District, N.Y.
Households in the Scarsdale Union Free School District are the wealthiest in the nation, with a median annual income of $238,478, or 4.5 times greater than the comparable national median income of $53,046.
U.S. News & World Report has once again named Florida the top state in the country for higher education. Florida's higher education system has held the top spot since the inception of the rankings in 2017.What are the 5 top schools? ›
- Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj, Delhi.
- Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul International School, Hyderabad.
- Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai.
- St. ...
- Sainik School, Ghorakhal.
- Greenwood International High School, Bangalore.
- Emerald Heights International School, Indore.
- The Scindia School, Gwalior.
United States|Cambridge (U.S.)
Massachusetts tops all other states with the highest percentage of top-ranked public high schools.What state has the lowest school rating? ›
- West Virginia is the least educated U.S. state, with an overall score of 23.15. ...
- Mississippi has a score of 25.35. ...
- Louisiana holds the third-place spot for the least educated states. ...
- Arkansas's score is 31.00 out of 100. ...
- Alabama is the country's fifth-least educated state.
Washington. Washington state has the highest quality of life in all 50 states. The state has no income tax, a thriving job market, and great international business opportunities.